TRICARE Supplemental Insurance Plan | Features

AMRA (ASI) TRICARE Supplement

WAIVER OF PRE-EXISTING FOR LOSS OF PRIME PSA

WAIVER OF PRE-EXISTING FOR CERTAIN QUALIFYING EVENTS

If you are impacted by the PRIME PSA change or if you have been notified of losing your PRIME Primary Care Provider, we may waive your pre-existing clause on the TRICARE Standard Effective Date. Call to learn more 800-638-2610.

Available to TRICARE Beneficiaries, regardless of Rank, Service or Duty Status

If you are retired from the military, are a spouse of a retired military or an active duty service member, TRICARE eligible beneficiary, or a spouse of a disabled Veteran and have CHAMPVA benefits, you or your eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN.

TRICARE is the Department of Defense's health benefit program for the military community. The TRICARE Supplement wraps around your TRICARE coverage entitlement so that in most cases, you will obtain 100% reimbursement for TRICARE covered services. In addition, the TRICARE Supplement Insurance affords you the ability to seek care from any TRICARE authorized civilian facility or provider.

Choosing the right TRICARE Supplement Insurance coverage for your family is important, and we are available to assist you with any.

TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plan:

  • 100% coinsurance
  • 100% out-of-pocket costs for covered services
  • 100% excess charges to the legal limit**
  • Pays 100% of Doctors Visits, Pharmacy, and Hospital Co-pays
  • Guaranteed acceptance (subject to 6 month pre-existing condition limitation**)
  • Priced to fit Your Budget As well As Your Needs
  • Retirees and Spouses Get the Same Rates
  • Smokers Pay the Same Price As Non-smokers
  • Coverage at Almost Any Hospital and Any doctor
  • Comprehensive coverage
  • Issuance of ID cards
TRICARE when used with the TRICARE SUPPLEMENT
Pays 100% of Doctors' Visits, Pharmacy, and Hospital Co-Pays
TRICARE - Primary Coverage TRICARE SUPPLEMENT YOU PAY*
Pays: Pays:
75% Doctor Visits 25% of Doctor visits PLUS excess charges up to the legal limit** $0.00
Hospitalization up to $635 per day $635 for Hospitalization + excess charges up to the legal limit** $0.00
Rx Copay Pharmacy Supplement Pays Rx Copay
Generic $5.00 $5.00 $0.00
Brand $12.00 $12.00 $0.00
Non Network Pharmacy $12.00 or 20%
of cost
$12.00 or 20%
of cost
$0.00

* After the TRICARE Deductible and TRICARE Supplement Plan Deductible have been met.

** Legal Limit means the maximum amount that a non-participating provider can legally charge. This amount is up to 115% of the TRICARE Allowable Amount.

TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE

When You Use the AMRA TRICARE SUPPLEMENT


With a TRICARE supplement program, a trip to the doctor means TRICARE Standard covers 75% of doctor's fee, while your TRICARE supplemental insurance picks up the remaining 25% - and you're 100% covered. Once you reach the Supplement Plan deductible, there are simply no further costs while your supplemental insurance kicks in to cover your balances.

With TRICARE Standard you are never required to get HMO approvals for seeing specialists; you never need permission before taking your children to see the doctor; no referrals from a primary health care manager are required; and you don't have to go to a military treatment facility. It's easy, just call the office of the doctor you prefer and use your TRICARE supplemental insurance.

Now, if you want to retain maximum flexibility and choice and still get maximum cost coverage, there is one more option that can take TRICARE Standard to the next level, add the AMRA TRICARE supplemental insurance policy to your TRICARE Standard.

Supplemental insurance always pays after TRICARE pays. So, after your TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN pays its portion of the bill, the supplemental insurance pays your provider direct or reimburses you, the TRICARE beneficiary, for out-of-pocket medical expenses you will have paid to civilian providers to cover their charges.

Before you begin enrollment, review TRICARE SUPPLEMENT Features, Benefits Summary and Rates.

It's So Easy To Enroll in the TRICARE SUPPLEMENT Enrollment Form

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to call us at (800) 638-2610.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:


The Plan is currently not available in CO, ME, MT, NH, NV, OR, SD, WA.

* Services are covered up to the legal limit maximum.