Available to TRICARE Beneficiaries regardless of Rank,
Service or Duty Status
TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plan Covers
Because many military members can feel like they have to choose between the lowest cost for their healthcare or more freedom of choice in healthcare providers. Above all, there is a way to get both from your TRICARE benefits: you can choose a TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plan.
The Plan Covers:
- Pays 100% of Doctors Visits, Pharmacy, and Hospital Co-pays*
- 100% out-of-pocket costs for covered services
- 100% excess charges to the legal limit up to 15% above the TRICARE rates**
- SPOUSE Gets the Same Rates as the RETIREE
- Guaranteed acceptance (subject to 6-month pre-existing condition limitation**)
- Priced to fit Your Budget as Well as Your Needs
- Smokers Pay the Same Price as Non-smokers
* After the TRICARE Deductible and TRICARE Supplement Plan Deductible have been met.
** Legal Limit means the maximum amount that a non-participating provider can legally charge. This amount is up to 115% of the TRICARE Allowable Amount.
Eligibility – TRICARE SUPPLEMENT
Members and their spouses must be under age 65 on coverage effective date and authorized to enroll in or use TRICARE for medical care coverage. Unmarried dependent children from birth to age 21, or 23 if a full-time student, are also eligible. A child covered by the TRICARE Young Adult Program and who is under age 26 may also enroll.
TRICARE ANNUAL DEDUCTIBLE (SELECT)
- TRICARE Deductible – E-4 and below, $50 member only coverage or a maximum of $100 per family
- TRICARE Deductible – E-5 and above, $150 member only coverage or a maximum of $300 per
- SUPPLEMENT PLAN Deductible, $250 member only or a maximum of $500 per family per year
COST – Premiums illustrated are Per Person. First-Year Rate includes 6% discount.
|Age of Applicant||Monthly||Quarterly||Annual|
|40 - 44||$28.33||$85.00||$340.00|
|45 - 49||$31.67||$95.00||$380.00|
|50 - 54||$40.00||$120.00||$480.00|
|55 - 59||$50.33||$151.00||$604.00|
|60 - 64||$55.67||$167.00||$668.00|
When You Use the TRICARE SUPPLEMENT
With a TRICARE supplement plan, a trip to the doctor means TRICARE Select covers 75% of provider’s fee, while your TRICARE supplemental insurance picks up the remaining 25% – and you’re 100% covered. Once you reach the Supplement Plan deductible, there are simply no further costs while your supplemental insurance kicks in to cover your balances.
Supplemental insurance always pays after TRICARE pays. So, after your TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN pays its portion of the bill, the supplemental insurance pays your provider direct or reimburses you, the TRICARE beneficiary, for out-of-pocket medical expenses you will have paid to civilian providers to cover their charges.
Although the Plan works in all 50 States, the Plan is currently not available in CO, ME, NH, OR, WA.
- The Corporate Plan Sponsor: Government Employee Association (GEA)
- Plan Administer: Selman and Company
- Underwritten by: Harford Life and Accident Insurance Company, Harford, CT 06155
- To return to the Home Page Home