TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plan
What is TRICARE?
TRICARE is the health care program for uniformed service members, retirees, and their families around the world. TRICARE Supplement provides comprehensive coverage to all beneficiaries, including: Health plans. Special programs.
TRICARE is the supplemental health care program serving active duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, retirees, their families, survivors and certain former spouses worldwide. As a major component of the Military Health System, TRICARE brings together the health care resources of the uniformed services and supplements them with networks of civilian health care professionals, institutions, pharmacies and suppliers to provide access to high-quality health care services while maintaining the capability to support military operations.
Am I eligible for coverage?
You are eligible to enroll provided:
- You are an eligible TRICARE recipient, under age 65, and entitled to retired, retainer, or equivalent pay.
- If you are age 65 or over and ineligible for Medicare, you may apply for the plan by attaching a copy of your Social Security Notice of Disallowance of Benefits to your Enrollment Form.
- Coverage is also available for your TRICARE eligible spouse under age 65, and dependent, unmarried children under age 21 (23 if in college).
- Coverage is extended to adult dependent children who are under age 26 and enrolled in TRICARE Young Adult (TYA) program.
- Eligible spouses and children of active-duty service members may enroll.
- TRICARE-eligible widow(er)s and ex-spouses may also enroll.
What is the TRICARE Supplement?LEARN MORE
TRICARE Supplement Insurance
As a TRICARE or CHAMPVA eligible, it is important to maximize your health plan coverage while keeping your cost as a low as possible. We provide TRICARE Supplement Insurance and CHAMPVA Supplemental Insurance administered by Selman & Company and sponsored by the Government Employees Association (GEA).
We offer a range of supplemental insurance coverage which helps meet the needs of military families. These low cost-effective TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE and CHAMPVA SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLANS are geared toward saving you money, while improving your healthcare services and options, as well as providing you with exceptional comprehensive coverage. With our competitive voluntary group coverage and outstanding individual plans, each member of our supplemental health coverage will have a team of dedicated individuals committed to serving you.
TRICARE Supplement Insurance | If you are
As a Military Retiree or a Qualified National Guard and Reserve Member (TRS) retired after 20 or more years, you can take advantage of the TRICARE Supplement Plan.
Members who are eligible may voluntarily enroll in the TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN. TRICARE becomes their primary insurance carrier and the Supplement pays second. The TRICARE Supplement is similar to a Medicare Supplement. It works with TRICARE to pay the balance of covered services the member/eligible family members are responsible for paying. Your Supplement pays a portion of your deductible, your cost share/co-payment and your applicable excess charges.
- Retired military
- A spouse of a retired military or active duty service member
- A spouse of a disabled veteran and have CHAMPVA
You and your dependents may be eligible to participate in a TRICARE or CHAMPVA Supplement.
Selman Co-designed this plan specifically to help meet the healthcare needs of military service members and their families.
This design affords TRICARE eligible’s virtually 100% reimbursement for covered services*.
Designed For You
This website is designed for all service members regardless of Rank, Service or Duty Status. Our mission is to provide professional service to you in gratitude for the courageous and professional manner you have defended our County and Liberty.
Over the next few pages, you can review the TRICARE Supplemental Insurance Plans to the military health system for active duty service members, retired military service members, disabled Veterans (who are CHAMPVA eligible), Reservists and National Guard separated from active duty (who are TRS eligible) and your family members.
Although the Plan works in all 50 States, the Plan is currently not available in CO, ME, NH, OR, WA.
* Services are covered up to the legal limit maximum.
- The Corporate Plan Sponsor: Government Employee Association (GEA)
- Plan Administer: Selman and Company
- Underwritten by: Harford Life and Accident Insurance Company, Harford, CT 06155
- To return to the Home Page Home