Available to TRICARE Beneficiaries regardless of Rank,
Service or Duty Status
Benefits with the TRICARE Supplemental Insurance Plan
TRICARE is the Department of Defense’s health benefits program for the military community. The TRICARE Supplement Insurance wraps around your TRICARE coverage so that in most cases, you will obtain 100% reimbursement for TRICARE covered services, includes medical and pharmacy*. In addition, TRICARE Supplement Insurance affords you the ability to seek care from any TRICARE authorized civilian facility or provider.
What the TRICARE Supplement Plan Covers:
- Pays 100% of Doctors Visits, Pharmacy, and Hospital Co-pays*
- 100% out-of-pocket costs for covered services
- 100% excess charges to the legal limit up to 15% above the TRICARE rates**
- SPOUSE Gets the Same Rates as the RETIREE
- Guaranteed acceptance (subject to 6-month pre-existing condition limitation**)
- Priced to fit Your Budget as Well as Your Needs
- Smokers Pay the Same Price as Non-smokers
* After the TRICARE Deductible and TRICARE Supplement Plan Deductible have been met.
** Legal Limit means the maximum amount that a non-participating provider can legally charge. This amount is up to 115% of the TRICARE Allowable Amount.
Who Can Enroll – Eligibility
Members and their spouses must be under age 65 on coverage effective date and authorized to enroll in or use TRICARE for medical care coverage. Unmarried dependent children from birth to age 21, or 23 if a full-time student, are also eligible. A child covered by the TRICARE Young Adult Program and who is under age 26 may also enroll.
TRICARE ANNUAL DEDUCTIBLE (SELECT)
- TRICARE Deductible – E-4 and below, $50 member only coverage or a maximum of $100 per family
- TRICARE Deductible – E-5 and above, $150 member only coverage or a maximum of $300 per
- SUPPLEMENT PLAN Deductible, $250 member only or a maximum of $500 per family per year
COST – Premium Rates illustrated are Per Person.
GEA TRICARE Select Supplement, rates start at $26.32 for members under age 40. Important Note: Spouse Rates are the same rates as the Retiree. Cost remains low and ages 60-65 only $55.46 a 6-month pre-existing vs. others with a 12-month pre-existing. All new sickness or injury covered Day-One.
|Age of Applicant|
Retiree & Spouse Same Rates
|TRICARE Reserve Select|
|40 - 44||$28.20||$16.52||QUARTERLY|
|45 - 49||$31.65||$19.60||$23.24|
|50 - 54||$39.79||$25.20|
|55 - 59||$50.13||$30.52||SPOUSE|
|60 - 65||$55.46||$35.00||QUARTERLY|
Frist year discount: TRICARE Select 6%, Prime 16%, TRS 17%,
First year discounted rates are not available to insureds in OH or KY.
Easy claims process
- Present your Identification Card to your medical provider’s billing department for submission of your claim
- Provider portal to file the supplement claims. https://www.selmanco.com/health-care-providers
- Customer Service call 1-800-638-2610
- You may create an account at https://online.selmaninsurance.com/myaccount/login.do
When You Use the TRICARE SUPPLEMENT
With a TRICARE supplement plan, a trip to the doctor means TRICARE Select covers 75% of provider’s fee, while your TRICARE supplemental insurance picks up the remaining 25% – and you’re 100% covered. Once you reach the Supplement Plan deductible, there are simply no further costs while your supplemental insurance kicks in to cover your balances.
Supplemental insurance always pays after TRICARE pays. So, after your TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN pays its portion of the bill, the supplemental insurance pays your provider direct or reimburses you, the TRICARE beneficiary, for out-of-pocket medical expenses you will have paid to civilian providers to cover their charges.
Although the Plan works in all 50 States, the Plan is currently not available in CO, ME, NH, OR, UT, WA.
- The Corporate Plan Sponsor: Government Employee Association (GEA)
- Plan Administer: Selman and Company
- Underwritten by: Harford Life and Accident Insurance Company, Harford, CT 06155
- To return to the Home Page Home